Welcome to the Translational Research Evaluation TIG Website!
Join a TIG Sub-Committee today!
The Translation Research Evaluation (TRE) TIG provides a community for all evaluators interested in the evaluation of translational research initiatives. It is hoped that through this community of practice, members will be able to share the specific and unique challenges they face related to all aspects of evaluation related to clinical and translational sciences including (but not limited to) education, frameworks and models, innovative applications, novel methods, data collection techniques and research designs. The TRE TIG offers its members– evaluators, practitioners, program managers and other stakeholders – an opportunity to share mutual interests, evaluation expertise, resources and materials.
The over-arching goal of the TRE TIG is to explore current, state-of-the-art evaluation approaches and applications, foster communication among evaluators and provide opportunities to discuss existing and emerging techniques to evaluate translational research. It is hoped that this TIG, and the community of practice that it fosters, will help members identify and disseminate successful strategies to overcome challenges associated with translational research evaluation.
Topics of Interest
- Strategies to evaluate translational research
- Effective practices of translational research process evaluation
- Use of process evaluation, especially process markers in evaluations of new translational research processes
- Translational research outcome monitoring, evaluation and use
- Techniques for measuring impacts of translational research initiatives
- Common metrics and measures of translational research
- Development of evaluation frameworks for translational research
- Designing and implementing evaluation plans for translational research
- Systems science approaches to evaluate translational research efforts
- Qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodologies for translational research
Join the Translational Research Evaluation e-Group Today!
This e-Group will be the primary means of ongoing communication among TIG members. It functions as both a web interface and like a traditional e-mail based listserv. You can set how frequently you would like e-Group messages to be sent to your e-mail (real time, daily archive, etc.), you can respond from your e-mail, and so on. We’ll use this e-Group to send updates about the TIG, discuss potential projects, share thoughts about how to evaluate translational research, and more. Please make sure you join this group. The process only takes a few seconds and it will be your line of communications to our group.
1) Go to the AEA homepage (www.eval.org) and log in
2) Make sure you have joined the TRE TIG (you can do this by selecting the Members Only tab and clicking on Update TIG Selections)
3) Select the Our Community tab
4) Click on Groups, Forums Subscriptions
5) Click on Communities, All Communities
6) In the "20 per page" dropdown box, select "All"
7) Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Translational Research Evaluation eGroup and click on "Join" (recommend "Real Time" option for receiving messages)