We are very excited about this year’s conference theme “Evaluation 2015: Exemplary Evaluations in a Multicultural World,” especially given that 2015 is the International Year of Evaluation. With a little less than a month to go for the AEA conference (November 9-14, 2015), we are sure that you have booked your flights and hotels and are all set for your visit to beautiful Chicago, Illinois. During the conference more than 130 ICCE TIG members will be presenting in more than 85 sessions. For more details on the sessions sponsored by our TIG, please go to the AEA conference website and select “International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation” under the Track search criteria.
In addition to the sessions sponsored by our TIG, there are other opportunities that you can get involved with during the AEA conference.
Activity #1: International Buddy Program: The International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation Topical Interest Group (ICCE-TIG) is glad to sponsor the International Buddy Program (IBP) for the third year in a row. This initiative was quite successful in 2013 and 2014 where participants were able to connect with professionals coming from across the world. Although some of you might already be familiar with the initiative, some others might not. That’s why more details are provided below.
- If you are an international participant: Once you have registered for Evaluation 2015, and if you are interested in linking with an evaluator based in the U.S., please do the following:
- If you are a US-based evaluator: Once you have registered for Evaluation 2015, if you are interested in liaising with an international participant and you have attended a conference in the past, please fill out the form here and e-mail it to Michele Tarsilla (IBP Coordinator and member of the ICCE-TIG at AEA) at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28, 2015.
- To learn more about the International Buddy Program, download the information guide from the AEA website. Thank you for your interest in the IBP Program!
Activity #2: Nominate a new ICCE TIG co-chair: The ICCE TIG has three co-chairs, each serving for a 3-year term. Each year one of the chairs completes his/her 3-year term and a new co-chair is selected. We are looking for a new ICCE-TIG co-chair to replace the outgoing chair (Jan Middendorf). Please nominate yourself or a colleague as an ICCE-TIG co-chair. It’s a fun way to meet new people, expand your networks, and learn about your other international associations within our international evaluation profession. If you would like to join our team, please demonstrate your interest by providing responses to the statements below and send them to the ICCE TIG Chair (Jan Middendorf) at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
· Provide a short statement on why you want to be a co-chair for the International and Cross-Cultural Evaluation (ICCE- TIG).
· Provide a brief bio of experiences as a leader in a similar role - professionally or in your community.
· Provide a short bio and/or a statement of your experience.
Activity #3: Help with the ICCE TIG table: As you might know, the AEA conference has on the opening night (November 11, 2015), a gala reception along with the poster session. This is a great time to socialize and meet people. The ICCE-TIG will have a specific table along with various authors signing their books. Conference attendees will be dropping by at the ICCE-TIG table. We are looking for volunteers to help us for 30 minutes (between 6:45 pm and 8:30 pm). Please contact Jan Middendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan Jones email@example.com with details of your availability.
Activity#4: Volunteer for Silent Auction: On Friday night (November 13, 2015) AEA has a fun night which is organized by the ICCE-TIG - The Silent Auction. You not only socialize but also bid on great books and novelties and foods from around the world. The TIG volunteers put in a great effort to organize and set it up. (Please visit The Silent Auction Page at the ICCE page more details). By volunteering to organize, you get to see all the items before everyone else sees them. We are looking for volunteers for the following time slots - please send your email if you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm (2 volunteers)
- 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm (3 volunteers)
- 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm (4 volunteers)
Thank you in advance for your support and participation in our TIG!
The ICCE TIG Chair