The STEM TIG Discussion Series is a series of virtual discussion sessions that happen every other month and focuses on topics related to equity, systemic racism, social justice, and evaluation. Sessions engage participants in discussion with colleagues, support reflection on our own professional practices, and foster new relationships across the field.
The discussion sessions are open to anyone interested in these crucial issues. We also welcome suggestions for discussion topics and facilitators. Please contact the Discussion Chair with any questions or ideas.
2021 Discussion Chair: Nicole Martin, email@example.com
Third Wednesday of each even-numbered month from 4 to 5pm ET.
- February 17, 2021 ✔
- April 21, 2021 ✔
- June 16, 2021 ✔
- October 20, 2021
- December 15, 2021
June 16, 2021
- Jamboard discussion notes
- An engaging conversation about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our work as STEM education evaluators and how we can shift our evaluation practices in response. Come discuss your own experiences and hear from colleagues about how they are approaching these issues and more.
- How can we analyze and present data in ways that address the impacts of COVID-19?
- How can we discuss the implications of COVID-19 on project outcomes with clients?
- How can we frame evaluation findings in reports for funders in light of the impacts COIVD-19 has had on educational programs?
April 21, 2021
- Melissa K. Demetrikopoulos - Focus Group Intentional Composition and Representation
- Dr. Demetrikopoulos will facilitate a discussion on how decisions made about the composition of focus groups and the representation of the study's larger population impacts the evaluation outcomes.
February 17, 2021
- Collaborative AEA Conference Proposal Development
October 13, 2020
August 18, 2020
- Cherie Avent - Language and Equity in STEM Evaluation Practice