CAP TIG Mission, Vision, and Values
The College Access Programs (CAP) TIG provides a professional learning community (PLC) to support evaluators with enhancing the quality of college and career awareness and readiness programming.
The CAP TIG seeks to foster an inclusive, diverse, and international community of practice positioned as a respected source of information for and about college access evaluations.
The CAP TIG aligned its values with the values of the American Evaluation Association (AEA). AEA values excellence in evaluation practice, utilization of evaluation findings, and inclusion and diversity in the evaluation community.
- We value high quality, ethically defensible, culturally responsive evaluation practices that lead to effective and humane organizations and ultimately to the enhancement of the public good.
- We value high quality, ethically defensible, culturally responsive evaluation practices that contribute to decision-making processes, program improvement, and policy formulation.
- We value a global and international evaluation community and understanding of evaluation practices.
- We value the continual development of evaluation professionals and the development of evaluators from under-represented groups.
- We value inclusiveness and diversity, welcoming members at any point in their career, from any context, and representing a range of thought and approaches.
- We value efficient, effective, responsive, transparent, and socially responsible association operations.