The social hour provides an opportunity to stay connected with your colleagues (and meet new ones) throughout the year, culminating with what we hope can be an in-person social at the AEA conference in Washington, D.C. (November 2021).
The format for the meetings will be flexible based on the number of attendees. We may stay in one Zoom window for smaller groups, while in larger meetings, we will create breakout rooms to allow for dynamic conversations among smaller groups. We can also consider switching rooms midway through the hour to engage with another set of colleagues. There are no rules, just fun, so mark your calendars to join us.
2021 Social Chair: Melissa Page
Third Wednesday of each odd-numbered month from 4 to 5pm ET.
- January 20, 2021 ✔
- March 17, 2021 ✔
- May 19, 2021 ✔
- September 15, 2021 ✔
- December 15, 2021 - Register here
December 15, 2021
September 15, 2021
- We are excited to relaunch our STEM TIG Happy Hours on September 15 at 4 pm EST. We invite you to join your STEM colleagues for a fun, relaxing conversation. It is also not too soon to begin thinking about the AEA Annual Conference and inquiring about elections for the leadership team for 2023. We have our incoming 2022 leadership team ready to lead us in the next year. We hope you can take a few minutes next week to pop on and say hello. We'd love to hear about any great summer vacations or plans for the fall with your projects. Hope to SEE you next week.
May 19, 2021
- We invite you to join us for informal and engaging conversations with your STEM colleagues. The social hour provides an opportunity to stay connected with your colleagues (and meet new ones) throughout the year.
March 17, 2021
- Grab your favorite GREEN drink and join your colleagues in an informative dialogue about life, work, and all things STEM. Add a themed virtual background or video props within Zoom.
January 20, 2021
- During this first happy hour of the year, we will take a few minutes to introduce our leadership for this year and to discuss the AEA proposal submission timeframe and inquire about potential collaborations.