Welcome to the Qualitative Methods TIG website (new and under construction; suggestions welcome)!
The sessions for San Antonio are being devised from the high quality peer reviewed session proposals submitted in March. Stay tuned!
The AEA 2010 conference will be in San Antonio, Texas! The conference room block is available now. For more information, visit http://www.eval.org/eval2010/10hotels.htm
Invitation to Submit a Qualitative Methods TIG-sponsored entry for the AEA365 Tip-A-Day Blog
The Qualitative Methods TIG will be sponsoring a week of entries for AEA365 Tip-A-Day blog, new for 2010.
The blog is dedicated to highlighting “Hot Tips, Cool Tricks, and Rad Resources” for evaluators. Entries tend to be between 150 and 400 words and highlight one particular tip, trick, or resource. If you use a particular qualitative tip, trick, or resource you would like to share with AEA members, please consider submitting an entry! The blog can be found at: http://www.aea365.org/blog/.
If you are interested, please adhere to the following contributor guidelines. Entries should:
· Be written in first-person prose
· Be short – approximately 150-400 words.
· Focus on topics that will be of interest to a range of evaluators, not just on the work that you’re doing.
· Include a 2-3 sentence introduction to you and the general theme of your Tips, Trick, and/or Resources (e.g. I use a lot of logic models in my work, so I’ll be sharing a trick on helping stakeholders envision their program through logic modeling, as well as a website that helps me create interactive logic models).
· Include a description of the the Tip, Trick, or Resource, and how it’s useful.
· Include an active weblink to the Tip, Trick, or Resource (where appropriate).
We ask that you submit your blog entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. TIG leadership will be reviewing submitted entries and determining the entries that will constitute our sponsored week prior to publication. Please be aware that not all submissions will be published, and we reserve the right to edit submissions.
Invitation to Attend Evaluation 2010
We invite you to attend Evaluation 2010 with the Qualitative Methods TIG! This year’s conference will be held November 10-13
in San Antonio, Texas. The conference theme is Evaluation Quality. This theme provides our membership with
an exciting opportunity to examine what it means to conduct high-quality
In her letter of invitation to submit proposals for Evaluation 2010, this
year’s AEA President, Leslie Cooksy, asks AEA members to consider the following
· How is evaluation quality
conceptualized and operationalized?
· How do we ensure evaluation
quality in our practice?
· How do our evaluations
embrace and inform truth? beauty? justice?
· How do we balance dimensions
of evaluation quality when they seem in opposition to one another?
· How do evaluation policies
support or undermine evaluation quality?
· What is the role of context
in evaluation quality?