Welcome to the Community Development TIG website!
The Community Development TIG is focused on providing a forum for communication, learning, mutual support and professional development for those interested in evaluating programs and policies focused on transforming places through social, economic, political, physical changes. In this context, community development includes initiatives grounded in neighborhoods, cities, counties, and wider regions.
Some of our topics of interest include:
- methodologies for evaluating complex communities,
- measuring local involvement from various entities looking to inspire change,
- understanding the role of the “community” in transformation,
- equitable development, and
- specific approaches to multi-disciplinary community development.
Thank you for participating in this important network.
Please help to energize this group by engaging with the TIG. See the volunteer opportunities below to get a sense of how you might participate.
We look forward to working with you to create a vibrant space to share ideas and resources about evaluation in the community development context.
There are number of immediate volunteer opportunities:
- In each CDTIG newsletter, we publish a TIG member's Favorite Reads for the Community Development Evaluators. Then, in the following newsletter, we publish a review of one of the books or articles to start a discussion between members. If you'd like to suggest a Favorite Reads list or write a book/article review, please email us at CommDevTIG@gmail.com with CDTIG Reads in the subject line.
- Play a leadership role in the CD TIG
- Encourage your colleagues to join the CD TIG
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please email CommDevTIG@gmail.com and we will get back to you.